Malcolm Turnbull names Brighton terror victim as Kai Hao
MOTHER Kai Hao Sino-Australian who was shot by terrorist Khayre Brighton Yacqub Monday spoke of the pain of losing his only son.
The mother, who did not want to be identified, said that her 36-year-old son has supported her husband in a wheelchair and she does not know how they will continue without him.
“I feel that my world is over. I can not describe the sadness I felt at that moment,” he said through an interpreter.
“When I sent my son to Australia, I was happy to see him go to a new country, but now I have to take him to China in a box.
“I really do not know how I’m going to continue from now on.”
Victim victim Brighton, Nick, at their wedding there two weeks.
The mother of Chinese Australian victim Kai Hao said she does not know how her family will continue without him. Photo: David Caird
Kai – known to many as Nick – came to Australia in 2002 and studied at Monash University.
He married there a month and had to return to China later this year to celebrate.
“We are planning to host a large wedding banquet in late August in China, but now I have to return with their remains,” said his 63-year-old mother.
She burst into tears as she spoke of her hatred for the terrorist who kidnapped her son.
“I can not say how I feel hatred towards the terrorist who did my son,” he said.
“I do not like this terrorist who ripped my family apart and now my son is gone.
She said that all her savings and those of her husband intended to send Nick in Australia, and without her, they are “impotent.”
“Everything has worked during the last decade has gone with him.
“We do not have anything”.
The mother of Chinese Australian victim Kai Hao speaks after a terrorist siege in Brighton. Photo: David Caird
She shut down a probation system to allow Khayre allowed them to walk free in the community.
“If it did not hurt my son, he would be someone else’s and that would be another family in trouble now. That is why it should not be returned to the community.”
Nick was shot in the lobby of his workplace in Buckingham serviced apartments in Brighton Khayre who took a woman hostage and shot three policemen.
“I got the news at 3 in the morning and could not sleep or eat in the last two days,” her mother said.
“They were the saddest and darkest of our lives.”
A fundraiser will soon be created to support the victim’s family.
Victim of victim Brighton Kai Hao at his wedding.
Gunman ‘confused’: Islamic council
The advanced Muslim body state wondered if the Brighton attack was a terrorist incident.
The Islamic Council of Victoria said today that if the police consider it to be a potential terrorist attack, the author himself seemed confused as to who was in favor of loyalty. ISIS and al Qaeda are known enemies. ”
“Although there is a debate over this person’s reasons for this senseless and evil crime, it is clear that (Yacqub) Khayre had a long criminal record, had been in prison for violent crimes and was actually parole At the time of the incident, “a statement from the Council said.
The council said that “what has to be avoided is a sensationnalisation or unjustified assignment of these criminals, as this aggravates the fears and tensions that prevail and potentially promotes the behavior of copiers.”
Brighton’s armed seat, Yacqub Khayre, claims allegiance to ISIS and al Qaeda.
“Whether this act was inspired by a distorted ideology or evil is, in fact, the action of a violated disturbed individual, that does not change the fact that a horrible crime was committed where an innocent person died, a woman Was abducted and the lives of police officers were threatened, “the statement said.
The ICV said it also wanted to express support for the Somali community “being unfairly accused because of this man’s actions.”
“They have made and continue to make a valuable contribution to Victorian society,” he said.